Pages

  • RSS

Tuesday 16 April 2013

Despair and Doom ... And a Challenge!!

I think I am stuck in the Corset Hole of Despair and Doom right now. Nothing is going how I planned. I am halfway through my long-line 1912 corset, a pair of 18th Century stays and two Regency corsets, both short and long.
But, I have a Plan. I have challenged myself to some Regency sewing. It was originally going to be that I would sew all Elizabeth's gowns out of the latest Pride & Prejudice movie, but I don't like/need all of them, so I am going to be sewing selected gowns from three Jane Austen movies and mini-series!! I have given myself the rest of 2013 to complete this project in, since it will probably take a while.



I love the BBC mini-series! Having speed-watched all three, I have decided that I will have to make nearly all of Emma's dresses, because they are so beautiful, not because I need them. But isn't that always the way?! I will make most of Elizabeth's dresses in P&P and some of Elinor's from S&S. 
Hopefully having a project will goad me forward out of the lazy rut I am in. I do have to finish one of the Regency corsets I'm working on before I can start, so I will post progress soon. I hope.


0 comments:

Post a Comment