Pages

  • RSS

Thursday 29 November 2012

Attack of The Bird

Right, I feel like a yo yo, bouncing around between my sewing. Maybe I just have a tiny attention span. Oh well, at least I have fun! That reminds me of a great bumper sticker I found online the other night, 'I'm not completely mad. It only affects my head.' Haha! I am tempted to buy it.
Yesterday I was working on the Regency short stays and petticoat combined, I think they are known as boned bodice petticoats. My sister's bird, Princess Snowflake - or PS, decided she like the look of what I was doing, and jumped down off the lounge where she had been playing in her pillow cave.

Ooh, yummy!

Then she sort of sidled over and nibbled on the edge of my precious coutil. She must have thought it was delicious, because I couldn't get rid of her after that. PS obviously doesn't understand human, because my entreaties to leave my expensive material alone only made her more rabid.

The beastly PS takes great joy in toddling 

I have a feeling that this boned bodice will make me insane. The mockup worked well, but I can see problems with the first stages of the coutil. I definitely need to cut the armholes bigger. And the bust gussets need a lot of work. I got them to a perfect curve only to find that my -ahem- smaller endowment was a little lost. Sigh. But I will see how it goes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment